Postgraduate Course in Fashion and Lifestyle Photography
- Type of course : Postgraduate
- Language : English
- School: Visual Communication
- IED Credits: 20
- Start date: April 2020
- Duration: 3 months
- Timetable : Morning-Afternoon 10.00 - 13.00 h (M - F. 3, 4 or 5 day per week) Selected workshops will take place from 10.00 to 14.00 h
- Attendance: in-person
- Qualification: Private / A private certificate will be issued at the end of the course.
- Directed to : students with photography qualifications, fine arts, media, advertising and communication. Young photographers who wish to specialise in professional photographer. Photographers who work in the sector and want to develop their own style in their professional and personal work.
- Admission process : Curriculum vitae. · Motivation letter. · Technical photography knowledge (One Year Photography Course of the IED Madrid or equivalent); basic post-production knowledge and familiarity with different audiovisual formats. · Art project portfolio · Personal interview if the management deems it necessary. · In order to take part in the course, students must have their own camera.
Develop your voice and personality in fashion photography through a programme which will give you access to the reality of publishing houses, studio work and relationships with models and agencies.
As the second first of three modules that form the Master of Professional Photography at the IED Madrid, this specialization course is dedicated to fashion and lifestyle. It also includes transferable knowledge in copyright issues, working with fashion models, business plans, media relations, advanced retouching and colour correction, location management, and contracts.
The leading figures of this course are experienced fashion and studio photographers, such as Joséphine Douet, Rafa Gallarand José Morraja, along with retouching specialist Victor Garrido. Joan Morey, who works under the trademark Soy Tu Puta (I´m Your Bitch) will introduce his work, he combines languages from different fields of creation, particularly those of art and fashion, and his working methodology. Course director Ricardo Cases will then teach the students how to find their own take on fashion and lifestyle, in his deconstructing fashion workshop.
Students will enter the world of fashion through a network of lecturers, teacher, tutors, and the program’s directors. They have the opportunity to further their studies in the framework of the Master of Professional Photography and to promote the final project through our contributing partners, with the ends of publication and distribution.
- Offer students a view of the current tendencies in fashion and lifestyle
- Reflect on the role of the photographer within print and online media
- Implement the tools and knowledge used in the fashion industry
- Experience, through a personal project, what it’s like to create a story that
- is good enough to be published
- Examine photographic practices within contemporary media contexts
- Show the cultural value of photography, forms of collaboration and
- creative funding models
- Analyse the challenges and all the possibilities of the market in times of
- strong media development
- Fashion photographer
- Photographer assistant
- Digital and lighting technician
- Editorial photographer
- Post-production artist
- Picture editor
- Agency assistant
- Art buyer / Art director
- Studio manager