International Marketing Management
Key information at a glance
Next start of studies
- Bad Honnef: March / September
- Berlin: April / October
: FIBAA accredited
: 60 ECTS
Language of instruction
: 100% English
Be a key player
You manage international marketing and advertising campaigns, working with partners, colleagues and agencies around the world: With a Master’s degree in International Marketing you can take over marketing management in a global company.
During your studies, you intensively study consumer behaviour in international markets and work on topics such as brand management, pricing and sales from a strategic and operational perspective. You discuss current topics in marketing practices and marketing research and use case studies and group work to apply the concepts you have learned to issues in practical marketing.
Facts about the degree programme
: Master of Arts (M.A.)
: on campus
: Bad Honnef, Berlin
: 2 semesters
: Bachelor’s degree, placement test if necessary, proof of English language skills
: International Management for career changers
What you will learn from us
The Master’s degree programme prepares you for different management roles with a focus on Marketing Management:
How does the course of studies work
- You deepen your expertise in marketing and sales-related issues – with a focus on international corporate governance.
- Using practice-oriented concepts, you acquire skills in the areas of planning, implementation and control as well as international market launch and market development strategies.
- You also train soft skills such as communication and intercultural competence in addition to methodological skills.
For our two-semester Master's programme you need a Bachelor's degree with 240 ECTS. If you already have professional experience or take our TASC placement test, a Bachelor's degree with 210 ECTS may be sufficient.
Where you will be studying
You can pursue our International Marketing Management Master’s degree at the two German campuses in Bad Honnef and Berlin.
Study International Marketing as a Major
When you major in International Marketing in the International Management Master programme (4 semesters, 120 ECTS), you will deepen your professional skills and your knowledge in the area of General Management.
Studying at the IUBH supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to become part of our university.
Aptitude Test TASC
- Language skills: English, academic IELTS 6.0/ TOEFL IBT 80 points/ PTE 56 points (51 points in each range)
- Bachelor's degree in economics (240 ECTS) or
- Bachelor's degree in economics (210 ECTS) + relevant work experience (30 ECTS) or
- Bachelor degree from other fields (210 ECTS) + Path2Master (30 ECTS) or
- Bachelor degree from other fields (210 ECTS) + TASC
- Final grade of at least "Satisfactory" (3.0)
The TASC examination is used to determine if you have the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully pursue the IUBH degree programme to which you are applying. Preparatory study materials are available on our CLIX learning platform to all candidates who will be taking the test. The materials include further literature references and detailed instructions that make it possible to work, for the most part, independently in preparation for taking the test.
What are my prospects
Since virtually every national and international company sells products or services, the career prospects in marketing are outstanding. Experts with sound marketing and sales skills are in demand almost everywhere. After graduation, for example, you can work as a ...
Your career? International
- Communication Manager
- Brand Manager
- Marketing Manager
Whether it is at a global medium-sized company or at a multinational corporation abroad – the IUBH prepares you well for the global job market. The numbers speak for themselves: 3 out of 4 of our graduates work in an international environment, and every third person works abroad.
Valuable contacts and a top-class network
As well as talent and hard work, a good education and a certain knowledge of your sector, there is another important factor in starting your career successfully – good contacts and a good network:
- department heads and lecturers have numerous contacts in industry
- at the annual "Career Day" recruiting fair, you can make valuable contacts on the campus to improve your career prospects
- you will often be able to find internships and entry-level positions during your studies thanks to the IUBH network