Master International Management: Big Data Management
Key information at a glance
Next start of studies
Bad Honnef: March / September
Language of instruction
General management know-how perfectly combined with big data expertise
Whether it’s in classical retail or online shopping, financial services, the aviation, travel or tourism industry, or in telecommunications: Data is the key to the success of a business in almost any industry today. It’s not just about the amount of data collected but about preparing it analytically and using it profitably.
As a Big Data Manager, your goal is to generate maximum strategic value from data. You coordinate projects and work at the interface between head management, data engineering and data analysis. You have familiarity with the principles of information management, understand artificial intelligence techniques and have a grasp of new technologies and their benefits to the business environment.
And at the same time you are aware of the needs of your business and can reconcile the use of data with corporate strategy. Last but not least, you use your know-how to critically scrutinise current trends in big data, to differentiate pure hype from feasible solutions, and to make appropriate recommendations to management.
Facts about the degree programme
Master of Arts (M.A.)
Bad Honnef, Berlin
Bachelor’s degree, proof of English language skills
International Management for career changers
Studying in Bad Honnef
Bad Honnef is idyllically located in one of the most beautiful areas of North Rhine-Westphalia – with direct connections to the metropolis of Cologne and the cultural city of Bonn. There are also a lot of options for recreation during your studies: The island of Grafenwerth, the Siebengebirge and the Drachenfels, which towers over Bad Honnef, offer places to relax or go mountain biking or hiking. And for those you who prefer something a little more exciting: Cologne and Bonn are ideal for shopping, cultural events and parties. To change the viewing direction, simply drag the image with the mouse pointer in the desired direction.
What you will learn from us
The master programme in Big Data Management prepares you for a career in one of the most important areas in future corporate environments.
How does the course of studies work?
- You will learn how to prepare data, how to connect data from different sources, and how to analyse these relationships.
- You will learn methods of data analysis in artificial intelligence.
- You will evaluate the application of these methods in various corporate scenarios.
- You will critically look at solution providers, as well as the ethical, social, and data protection issues within big data management.
- You will deepen your management expertise, and work on your analytical skills.
In the third semester of your Master's programme in International Management, you choose your major and set your personal focus.
Where you will be studying
You can pursue your Master’s degree at the German campus in Bad Honnef.
Studying at the IU supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to become part of our university.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Economics or similar from an accredited university (3 year programme or equivalent to 180 ECTS)
- Final grade of at least "Satisfactory" (Minimum grade point average equivalent of 3.0 according to the German grading system)
- Proof of English proficiency: Academic IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL IBT 80 points / PTE 56 points (overall) / Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency
If you have a Bachelor´s degree of 3 years from fields other than Business or Management you can still access this Master by doing our Business-Preparation Semester (Path2Master).
Just send us your application and our Admission team will guide you on your different options.
Where you will be studying
Students who want to focus diligently on their studies but also enjoy themselves shouldn’t have to spend their time in crowded lecture halls, dusty libraries or long queues in front of their professors’ offices. Small study groups ensure you receive excellent support at the IU and have a “direct line” to the lecturers. Our professors and lecturers have a wealth of practical experience and outstanding expertise; many of them are still active in companies in addition to their work at IU. Our different campuses offer you everything you need for your education and well-being: modern seminar rooms, libraries, IT support, WIFI and a canteen; and in Bad Honnef there is also a café and a bar right on campus.
Valuable contacts and a top-class network
As well as talent and hard work, a good education and a certain knowledge of your sector, there is another important factor in starting your career successfully – good contacts and a good network:
- department heads and lecturers have numerous contacts in industry
- at the annual "Career Day" recruiting fair, you can make valuable contacts on the campus to improve your career prospects
- you will often be able to find internships and entry-level positions during your studies thanks to the IU network