Diploma in Fundamentals of Hospitality and Tourism Co-op
. 2 years
. November 2018, January 2019, March 2019, May 2019, July 2019
You can expect to work in a range of industry roles including positions such as:
- Guest Service Agent
- Reservation Clerk
- Room Clerk
- Assistant Server
- Travel Counsellor
- Travel Information Agent
- Visitor Information Counsellor
- Banquet Server
- Food and Beverage Server
- Front Desk Agent
- Bell Desk Attendant
- Customer Service Representative
- Corporate Travel Consultant – Trainee
- Tourism and Hospitality Social Media Coordinator
- Event Personnel
- Jr. Tour Guide
- Visitors Centre Officer
This two-year Diploma in Fundamentals of Hospitality and Tourism Co-op Program will provide you with the skills to aim for an entry level qualification in the field of hospitality and tourism management, helping you to:
- Gain specialist knowledge within all areas of hospitality and tourism from a national and international perspective
- Realize the meaning of providing a five star service in order to satisfy the needs of your customers
- Learn about basic marketing concepts and terms as well as aspects of food hygiene and safety
- Practice skills valued by all industries, no matter what role you’re in– soft skills and hard skills. You will also learn about the varied terminology for this industry
- Discover financial knowledge in order to successfully analyze and interpret financial records for account keeping
- Navigate job hunting and interviewing as well as helping you to uncover the importance of professional conduct.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or Equivalent * or Mature student **
- Age 18 or older
- IELTS of 4.5 or equivalent for Non-native English speakers
- *A transcript, diploma or certificate from another country is considered equivalent to an Ontario high school diploma if assessed at an Ontario OSSD level by a recognized assessment service.
See the pre-approved recognized assessment services below:
- World Education Services- wes.org
- University of Toronto, School of Continuing Studies, Comparative Education Service – learn.utoronto.ca/ces
- International Credential Assessment Service of Canada- icascanada.ca
- ** Mature students must be at least 18 years of age and pass a Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam.
About Toronto School Of Management.
The Toronto School of Management (TSoM) is a school offering a range of courses in business, hospitality, and accountancy.
Located among some of North America’s leading firms and organizations, the school offers an ideal environment for students who are eager to immerse themselves in a vibrant business community and diverse cultural activities.