Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management Co-op
You can expect to work in a range of industry roles, including:
- Desk Clerk
- Guest Service Agent
- Restaurant Assistant Manager
- Food Service Officer
- Visitor Information Counsellor
- Conference Planner Assistant
- Booking and Reservations Officer
- Sales Assistant
- Travel Guide
- Resort Worker
- Room Service Clerk
This one-year course will give you the skills to begin and succeed in a career in hospitality and tourism. It focuses on the most up-to-date developments in the hospitality industry, helping you to:
- Develop professional hotel competencies such as effective communication skills, good customer service skills, leadership, and team work, ensuring that you are providing a high quality product or service to your customers
- Gain supervised practical work experience directly related to your academic and career goals
- Become immediately effective within the hospitality and tourism industry through understanding the principles and procedures of a range of hospitality functions, including front desk operations, housekeeping, and food and beverage production
Ontario Secondary School Diploma or Equivalent * or Mature student **
Age 18 or older
IELTS of 5.5 or equivalent for Non-native English speakers
*A transcript, diploma or certificate from another country are considered equivalent to an Ontario high school diploma if assessed at an Ontario OSSD level by a recognized assessment service.
See the pre-approved recognized assessment services below:
World Education Services
University of Toronto, School of Continuing Studies, Comparative Education Service
International Credential Assessment Service of Canada
** Mature students must be at least 18 years of age and pass a Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam.
: 1 year
Intake: November 2018, January 2019, March 2019, May 2019, July 2019
We focus on:
Industry Partnerships to help us develop career-focused, community-responsive education and training.
Delivering a comprehensive range of credentials which span many fields.
Effective learning pathways to help you build on your credentials while recognizing your previous learning.
Innovation and Entrepreneurship through our unique blend of theoretical, applied, and breadth learning, including work experience and multiple opportunities for experiential learning and entrepreneurship.