Master in Human Resource Management
: Octubre 2019
: Full Time
- Universidad Politécnica de Cataluña (Campus Barcelona)
- Universidad Rey Juan Carlos (Campus Madrid)
This program will be conducted in English.
Companies and organisations are more aware than ever that one of their key assets when it comes to standing out from the competition is their team of people and, as such, the management and supervision of its Human Resources department. A company’s staff are the driving force behind the design, implementation and management of the business project. As such, it is crucial for companies to be increasingly oriented towards their employees. Therefore, Human Resources Managers must be professionals who are equipped to lead a department that connects and works with all of the company’s business activities and, at the same time, be able to adapt to changes in the environment. The department is at the core of the company’s strategy and the driving force behind generating a clear competitive advantage. The role of Human Resources must be at the very heart of the company’s strategy and its management, as it is a key factor in setting the company apart from its rivals.
The Master in Human Resources Management is designed to equip Human Resources professionals to respond to the needs and challenges of the market from the perspective of people management. Professionals who embrace change as the most effective way of generating competitive advantages, who can capitalise on new technologies, who have a solid grasp of the new generations of professionals joining the employment market, who fully understand the importance of the work/life balance and ethical conduct, and who are committed to developing, attracting and retaining talent as the best way to ensure success in the new business ecosystem.
Top reasons for doing EAE’s Business School Master in Human Resources Management
The Professional Careers service is focused on guiding and accompanying students to achieve their professional goals and matching their expectations and interests with the jobs market.
2 International Talent Program
The program aimed at students seeking international professional development, in order to give them maximum visibility amongst the multinational companies collaborating with EAE. Activities are therefore organised such as the Employment Workshops, interviews with head hunters and access is given to international selection consultants around the world.
3 Human Resource Advisory Board
The master study plan is carried out along with the Advisory Board of the Human Resource area, formed by 25 professionals from companies like Volkswagen, LG, IBM, L’Oréal, Grifols, Decathlon, Asepeyo, and more.
4 EAE in Rankings
In the Top 45 of the best European masters degrees in the area of People Management (Eduniversal Best Masters Ranking Worldwide 2016-2017)
Fourth best master’s degree in People Management in Spain (“250 Masters, ed 2017” ranking from El Mundo)
5 Preparation for professional certification.
At the end of the master’s degree, students will have the option of going in for the certification examinations of the Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI), one of the main world entities of the sector.
6 People Management Plan
The treatment of all the subjects above comes together in a People Management Plan. This is teamwork tutored from the start, in which students start with the present reality of real fictitious company to draw up a series of strategies to help in achieving the objectives defined in the project
7 In direct contact with the sector
EAE is a member of two of the main human resource associations in Spain: AEDIPE (Spanish Association of People Management and Development) and AEDRH (Association of Human Resource Managers).
8 Business Networking
On the Business Networking cycle, students will attend a series of meetings with professionals from large companies and other EAE students, thanks to which the participants have the chance to expand their network of professional contacts.
9 Major + Minor
EAE has started up the North American Major and Minor methodological system for the first time in Spain, in the place of the traditional optional subject method.
10 Soft Skills program
EAE’s Soft Skills program is intended to help participating professionals complete their training with the strategic mobilisation of their personal skills. It includes ten independent monthly workshops organised along the Emotional Skills Model.
11 International Residential Program
At the end of the study period, students will have the chance to do a two-week residential stay at ISCTE Business School (Lisbon, Portugal). This residential program comes at an additional cost to students.
12 EAE is enterprising
The aim is to give the necessary resources and environment for enterprising students from EAE to develop new business ideas. We accompany the needs of the entrepreneurs and investors, as well as those of our students and researchers. Some of the particular services we offer are Training, Financing and Accompaniment for EAE’s enterprising students.
Admission process and degree
Participants who successfully complete the program will receive the Master in Human Resources Management from EAE Business School, and a Bachelor's Degree from the Universitat Politècnica de Barcelona (Barcelona Campus) or from the Universidad Rey Juan Carlos (Madrid Campus).
In order to receive the qualifications granted by EAE and the University, participants must fulfil the requirements stipulated by these institutions.
The main objective of the admissions process is to ensure candidates' suitability for the program, by looking at their professional experience and their academic background.
Our aim is for all participants to make the most of the experience we offer through a context in which they may develop a long-term relationship with classmates, lecturers and alumni.
In order to start the admissions process, the form has to be filled in so that EAE’s Academic Committee can consider the application. If the decision issued by the Academic Committee for the requested program is positive, the candidate can complete their enrolment.
MODULE 1 - Strategies in Human Resources
- Fundamentals of management in Human Resources
- Strategies in Human Resources
- Professional ethics, and CSR
MODULE 2 - Decision making in Human Resources
- Decision making in HR: financial decisions
- Decision making in HR: decisions based in data 3 ECTS
MODULE 3 - Functional areas in Human Resources
- Labor cycle management of human capital
- People development and talent management
- Compensation systems
- Employer Branding
MODULE 4 - Context áreas in Human Resources
- Socio-economic impact of the labor market in the organization
- Labor legal framework
- Global management human capital
MODULE 5 - Organizational efectiveness
- Leadership, Team Building & Coaching
- Change management
- Labor welfare and health organizations
MODULE 6 - Internship
MODULE 7 - Final Master’s Thesis
TOTAL CREDITS 60 ECTS
Funding schemes and grants
EAE offers special funding conditions, grants and aid for candidates accepted on EAE programs.
EAE BUSINESS SCHOOL GRANTS
- SME Comprehensive Development Grant. Within its advanced business training project, EAE responds to the needs of small and medium enterprises (SME) by strengthening and implementing strategies for improving competitiveness; the comprehensive development of organizations and the people in these organizations are key factors within our institution.
- Women's Executive Grant. Over 40% of our students are women with an average age of 33. This shows EAE’s capacity to train students who are fully mature in both professional and personal terms, and who need to balance their family, personal and training activities. With the aim of strengthening, advancing and consolidating the women's professional activity, EAE offers a financial support program designed specifically for this segment of professionals. The candidates’ managerial potential and leadership are two crucial qualities taken into account in assessing applications.
- Accredited Disability Grant. With the aim of promoting and contributing to the professional development of the disabled, EAE runs a grant program for professionals in this segment.
- EAE Academic Excellence Grant. EAE rewards students with the best academic report. Candidates who present an academic report with an average score of 9.5 or above can apply for the EAE Academic Excellence Grant.
- Entrepreneur Grants. Designed for managers of SMEs, freelancers and professionals who want to start a business project.
- Executive Grants. Aimed at executives, middle managers and qualified professionals who plan to take on positions of responsibility.
GRANTS AND SUBSIDIES
- Fundación Carolina. Lifelong training grant that encourages cultural and scientific cooperation between Spain and Latin America, promoting exchanges between professionals. It is aimed at Latin American and Spanish specialists and professionals who can demonstrate their need to move to the other region to continue their training.
- MAEC – AECID Grant. This grant contributes to the further education and professional development of foreigners and young university students with an advanced university qualification and, on some programs, university students in their final year. Definition of financial support: II-B: Grants for foreigners for master degrees or specialisations at Spanish universities and other non-university teaching centres.
- Financial support for training workers regulated by the Fundación Tripartita. The State Employment Public Service offers financial support through the Fundación Tripartita to all people currently actively employed and making Social Security contributions and who have received individual training permission from the company. Refusal of permission must be based on organizational or production reasons. The purpose of the financial support is to allow tuition for an official qualification or a university’s own qualification. In return, the company receives a Social Security allowance for each employee that has been granted permission. The allowance is equivalent to the salary costs for the working hours that the employee has put into training, up to a maximum of 200 hours per employee granted permission per academic or calendar year.
- SOC The SOC offers subsidies and grants to unemployed people who take part in training activities on our Master and Postgraduate programs at EAE Business School.
- AGAUR Agència de Gestió d’Ajuts Universitaris i de Recerca (University and Research Financial Support Management Agency). The agency offers university postgraduate loans with extremely attractive conditions.
1 PEOPLE MANAGEMENT
Developing the executive skills and competences required for Personnel Directors to lead and drive forward the changes needed within an organization.
2 GLOBAL MANAGEMENT
Learning, understanding and developing the importance of Human Resources Management within the company’s overall strategy.
3 ORGANIZATION, EXECUTION AND SUPERVISION
Gaining deeper insight into the tools and procedures required to perform the tasks involved in planning, organizing, executing and monitoring of Human Resources in a company.
4 HUMAN RESOURCES IN THE DIGITAL AGE
Capitalizing on the opportunities offered by technology for talent development, retention and acquisition, through the use of tools and resources related to digital communication.
5 STRATEGIC CONSULTANCY
Developing the role of Human Resources both from the viewpoint of a personnel department and the perspective of Human Resources Consulting.
Establishing the strategic foundations that enable future changes in the field of Human Resources to be planned and anticipated, in line with the company’s objectives.
EAE assesses the competencies that companies value most and passes them on to the students in order to facilitate their employability. The aim is to reach the level of development demanded by the jobs market.
- Director of Human Resources
- Motivation and Participation Program Manager
- Employer Branding Manager
- Learning and Development Manager
- Strategic Consultant in People Management
- Leadership Manager
- Director of Training
BBVA, ALLIANZ, DIAGEO, BANKINTER, INFORPRESS, TEVA, VODAFONE, DANONE, INFORPRESS, MAXMARA, REPSOL, PEUGEOT and others companies
Some facts from our Employment Report 2017:
- The 91% of graduates find employment within 6 months of finishing the Master, and 41% find employment before finishing their program
- The 70% improve their professional situation after graduating
- The 60% increase their salary after their time at EAE
- The 6% set up a business after graduating
EAE Business School: Our most pressing yet most motivating challenge is to continue being an international business school capable of training professionals equipped to lead organizations sustainably. EAE embrace its social commitment to continue overcoming challenges in the field of personal and executive training.