- Credits: 90 ECTS
- Accreditation: FIBAA accredited
- Degree: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Study model: on Campus, Smart Entry
- Campus: Bad Honnef, Berlin
- Programme duration: 3 semesters
- Admission: Bachelor’s degree, professional experience, proof of English language skills.
Career springboard MBA
Are you enthusiastic about aviation? Do you already have work experience, but now want to expand your management skills so you can reach the next level in your career? Then our MBA degree with a major in Aviation is the right choice for you. Alongside important specialist knowledge, we also provide you with relevant business management know-how.
You learn about the main drivers of airline profitability – network planning and revenue management –, acquire knowledge about environmental issues such as noise and emissions, deepen your knowledge of airline and airport financing, and also deal with issues such as human resources, financial accounting and marketing.
Studying in Bad Honnef
Bad Honnef is idyllically located in one of the most beautiful areas of North Rhine-Westphalia – with direct connections to the metropolis of Cologne and the cultural city of Bonn. There are also a lot of options for recreation during your studies: The island of Grafenwerth, the Siebengebirge and the Drachenfels, which towers over Bad Honnef, offer places to relax or go mountain biking or hiking. And for those you who prefer something a little more exciting: Cologne and Bonn are ideal for shopping, cultural events and parties. To change the viewing direction, simply drag the image with the mouse pointer in the desired direction.
What you will learn from us
The MBA gives you expert and general management know-how and will help you develop your individual methodical skills:
- You will deepen your knowledge in the areas of business management and leadership through academic and practice-oriented modules.
- You will actively work on your soft skills such as communication skills and intercultural awareness.
- You learn how to apply strategic and operative management concepts specifically to international airlines and infrastructure providers.
- You deepen your knowledge of the structure and success factors for value-adding business models in aviation.
- You deal intensively with regulations and measures in the aviation industry.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- International Marketing
- Performance Measurement and Management
- Corporate Finance
- Managerial Economics
Electives (choose 4 out of 5)
- Strategic Product Planniing
- Aviation Policy
- Aviation Simulation Game
- Aviation Seminar
- Controlling Airlines and Airports
- Strategic Management
- Change Management
- Managing in a Global Economy (optional in semester 2)
- Capstone Project
Studying at the IU supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to become part of our university.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university (3 year programme or equivalent to 180 ECTS)
- Final grade of at least "Satisfactory" (Minimum grade point average equivalent of 3.0 according to the German grading system)
- At least 2 years of full-time professional and relevant experience after your Bachelor´s graduation (internships do not qualify)
- Proof of English proficiency: Academic IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL IBT 80 points / PTE 56 points (overall) / Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency
Just send us your application and our Admission team will guide you on your options.
Where you will be studying
Students who want to focus diligently on their studies but also enjoy themselves shouldn’t have to spend their time in crowded lecture halls, dusty libraries or long queues in front of their professors’ offices. Small study groups ensure you receive excellent support at the IU and have a “direct line” to the lecturers. Our professors and lecturers have a wealth of practical experience and outstanding expertise; many of them are still active in companies in addition to their work at IU. Our different campuses offer you everything you need for your education and well-being: modern seminar rooms, libraries, IT support, WIFI and a canteen; and in Bad Honnef there is also a café and a bar right on campus.
What are my prospects?
As a future manager you will take on responsibilities in the area of air traffic and logistics. After graduation, for example, you can work as a ...
Your career? International
- Air Freight Procurement Manager
- Corporate Strategy Developer
- Process Management Consultant
Whether it is at a global medium-sized company or at a multinational corporation abroad – the IU prepares you well for the global job market. The numbers speak for themselves: 3 out of 4 of our graduates work in an international environment, and every third person works abroad.
Valuable contacts and a top-class network
As well as talent and hard work, a good education and a certain knowledge of your sector, there is another important factor in starting your career successfully – good contacts and a good network:
- department heads and lecturers have numerous contacts in industry
- at the annual "Career Day" recruiting fair, you can make valuable contacts on the campus to improve your career prospects
- you will often be able to find internships and entry-level positions during your studies thanks to the IU network