MBA Big Data Management
- Credits: 90 ECTS
- Accreditation: FIBAA accredited
- Degree: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Study model: on Campus, Smart Entry, Online
- Campus: Bad Honnef, Berlin
- Programme duration: 3 semesters
- Admission: Bachelor’s degree, professional experience, proof of English language skills.
Career springboard MBA
As a Big Data Manager, your goal is to generate maximum strategic value from data.
You coordinate projects and work at the interface between head management, data engineering and data analysis.
You have familiarity with the principles of information management, understand artificial intelligence techniques and have a grasp of new technologies and their benefits to the business environment. And at the same time you are aware of the needs of your business and can reconcile the use of data with corporate strategy.
Last but not least, you use your know-how to critically scrutinise current trends in big data, to differentiate pure hype from feasible solutions, and to make appropriate recommendations to management.
Have you already gained some work experience after completing your first degree and would you like to expand your knowledge in this field and your general management skills to reach the next level in your career? Then our MBA with a major in Big Data Management is the right choice for you.
What you will learn from us
The MBA gives you expert and general management know-how and will help you develop your individual methodical skills:
- You will deepen your knowledge in the areas of business management and leadership through academic and practice-oriented modules.
- You will actively work on your soft skills such as communication skills and intercultural awareness.
- You will learn how to prepare data, how to connect data from different sources, and how to analyse these relationships.
- You will learn methods of data analysis in artificial intelligence.
- You will evaluate the application of these methods in various corporate scenarios.
- You will critically look at solution providers, as well as the ethical, social, and data protection issues within big data management.
- You will deepen your management expertise, and work on your analytical skills.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- International Marketing
- Performance Measurement and Management
- Corporate Finance
- Managerial Economics
Electives (choose 4 out of 5)
- Big Data and the Business Environmnt
- Data Science
- Data Utilization
- Application Scenarios and Case Studies
- Analytical Software and Frameworks.
- Strategic Management
- Change Management
- Managing in a Global Economy (optional in semester 2)
- Capstone Project
Studying at the IUBH supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to become part of our university.
Aptitude Test TASC
- Bachelor´s degree (180 ECTS)
- At least 2 years full-time professional experience (internships do not qualify)
- English, academic IELTS 6.0/ TOEFL IBT 80 points/ PTE 56 points (51 points in each component)
The TASC examination is used to determine if you have the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully pursue the IUBH degree programme to which you are applying. Preparatory study materials are available on our CLIX learning platform to all candidates who will be taking the test. The materials include further literature references and detailed instructions that make it possible to work, for the most part, independently in preparation for taking the test.
What are my prospects
Large companies and high-growth companies invest heavily in building data management systems and structures. There are many opportunities here for qualified specialists. After graduation, for example, you can work as a:
- Big Data Scientist
- Big Data Engineer
- BI Consultant
Valuable contacts and a top-class network
As well as talent and hard work, a good education and a certain knowledge of your sector, there is another important factor in starting your career successfully – good contacts and a good network:
- department heads and lecturers have numerous contacts in industry
- at the annual "Career Day" recruiting fair, you can make valuable contacts on the campus to improve your career prospects
- you will often be able to find internships and entry-level positions during your studies thanks to the IUBH network