MBA Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Attendance: full time.
- Beginning of the course: October
- Price: 18,500 €
- Campus: Barcelona.
- Age: 21-40
- ECTS: 60
This programme will be conducted in English.
Success in the Hospitality and Tourism industries requires the development of decision-making skills, thorough knowledge of the sector and a global strategic vision.
Ostelea’s Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA is designed with the objective of training the future leaders of the tourism sector: directors, professionals and entrepreneurs equipped to manage business projects in the tourism and hotel sector at the very highest level. To this end, the programme particularly focuses on the development of executive skills and aptitudes of a strategic nature.
Ostelea’s MBA has been designed with the aim of gaining a deeper insight into the main managerial and organizational processes in tourism companies from an applied and strategic perspective, as well as evaluating the interrelation between these processes through case studies, practical exercises and research projects.
Reasons for studying the Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA at Ostelea
1. Reputation in the field of management and tuition quality: Ostelea is the result of a partnership between one of the world’s best business school, EAE (second best business school in Spain according to the Merco Ranking 2015), bringing its experience and reputation in management, with the Universitat de Lleida, Spain’s top public university in terms of the quality of the tuition (Fundación Conocimiento y Desarrollo), awarded the distinction of International Campus of Excellence.
2. Multicultural approach: 66% of the students at Ostelea are international.
3. Rigorous academic programme: based on cultivating strategic thought and specific knowledge of the hospitality and tourism industry, an essential blend for executive positions in the sector.
4. Hotel business game: In the final tuition period, participants are organized into teams and they have to manage their own hotel company, competing on the global market that is dynamic and changing, in a realistic reflection of the real world, made up of other teams of students.
5. Extensive programme of visits to hotels, hotel chains, tourism companies and public authorities: As the participants need first-hand insight into the reality and trends in the sector, accompanied by executives in the Hospitality and Tourism industries.
6. Research group: Members of the Master’s academic faculty form part of EAE’s multidisciplinary tourism research group (GRIT-EAE), the scientific output of which focuses on the field of international tourism management.
The objectives of the Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA are as follows:
1. Providing a response to the training needs of executives specializing in the tourism sector.
2. Training the future leaders of the global hospitality and tourism industry.
3. Providing executive tuition with an international vision of the tourism industry, together with a flexible and adaptable perspective in a changing and competitive global setting.
4. Ensuring the effective management of tourism companies based on strategic plans and focused on achieving results.
5. Developing the capacity for innovation and creative management of executives in tourism and hotel companies.
6. Integrating the main spheres of tourism management from an interdisciplinary and comprehensive perspective.
7. Enabling the acquirement of knowledge and skills in terms of new technologies applied to tourism and e-Tourism, in particular.
8. Equipping participants with the executive skills and competences required of directors and businesspeople in the tourism sector in order to ensure dynamic, effective and successful leadership.
9. Analysing global trends in the sector and acquiring the perspectives and strategies required to become ethical leaders of global tourism organizations.
Ostelea’s Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA is divided into 5 modules:
• Operational Management in Hospitality and Tourism
• Marketing and Commercial Management
• Strategic Management of tourism companies
• Elective Courses
• Master’s Thesis
Each of these modules is comprised of several courses covering the following topics:
Global Environment and Markets
• Socio-economic context and the tourism industry
• Tourism marketing and sales in global settings
Human Resources Management
• Talent management in hospitality
• Executive skills for hospitality organizations
International Company Management
• Financial Management
• Management of ICTs and virtual business in hospitality
• Risk identification, management and prevention for hospitality
• Strategic global management in hospitality
• Company internationalization
• Accommodation management and Revenue & Yield Management
• Strategic Food & Beverage Management
• Leisure & Sports Management
• Competitiveness and innovation in hospitality
• Operations in hospitality
Admission process and degree
The main objective of the admissions process is to ensure the suitability of the candidates for the programme, by looking at their professional experience and their academic CV.
Our aim is for all participants to make the most of the experience we offer through a context in which they may develop a long-term relationship with classmates, teachers and alumni.
In order to start the admissions process, it is necessary to fill in the form so that EAE Academic Committee can consider their application. If the decision issued by the Academic Committee for the programme requested is positive, the candidate can complete his or her registration for the programme.
Participants who successfully complete the programme at the Barcelona campus will receive a TRIPLE QUALIFICATION:
• The qualification of Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA from Ostelea, School of Tourism & Hospitality.
• The qualification of Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA from EAE Business School.
• The qualification from the Universitat de Lleida.
Funding, Grants and Financial Support
EAE offers special funding, grants and financial support conditions for all candidates accepted on the School’s programmes.
EAE BUSINESS SCHOOL GRANTS
- SME Comprehensive Development Grant. Within the context of its advance business training project, EAE responds to the need of small and medium enterprises (SME) Strengthening and implementing strategies for improving competitiveness, the comprehensive development of organizations and the people in these organizations are key factors within our institution.
- Executive Woman Grant. Over 40% of our students at women with an average age of 33 years old. This statistic demonstrates EAE’s capacity to train students who are fully mature in both professional and personal terms, and who need to balance their family, personal and training activities. With the aim of strengthening, advancing and consolidating the professional activity of women, EAE offers a financial support programme designed specifically at this segment of professionals. The candidates’ managerial potential and leadership are two crucial qualities taken into account when evaluating applications.
- Accredited Disability Grant. With the aim of promoting and contributing to the professional development of people with disabilities, EAE runs a grant programme for professionals in this segment.
- EAE Academic Excellence Grant. EAE rewards students with the best academic report. Candidates who present an academic report with an average score of 9.5 or above can apply for the EAE Academic Excellence Grant.
- Entrepreneur grants. Designed for managers of SMEs, freelancers and professionals who want to start a business project.
- Executive grants. Aimed at executives, middle managers and various qualified professionals who plan to take on positions of responsibility.