MBA International Business
Key information at a glance
Next start of studies
- Bad Honnef: March / September
- Berlin: April / October
: FIBAA accredited
: 60 ECTS
Language of instruction
: 100% English
Our MBA program is the ideal starting point for the next step on your professional path - a career as a successful manager.
The programme qualifies you in the areas of business administration, corporate management, marketing, finance and leadership for demanding activities in middle to upper management in many industries and specialist areas. And its international orientation makes you fit for the global job market.
Facts about the degree programme
- Degree: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Study model: on campus
- Campus: Bad Honnef, Berlin
- Programme duration: 2 semesters (full time)
- Admission: Bachelor’s degree, professional experience, proof of English language skills
What you will learn from us
The MBA gives you expert and general management know-how and will help you develop your individual methodical skills:
- You will deepen your knowledge in the areas of business management and leadership through academic and practice-oriented modules.
- You will actively work on your soft skills such as communication skills and intercultural awareness.
- You will learn about corporate strategies and how to measure their success.
- You will learn to lead personnel and to accompany it through change processes.
Studying at the IU supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to become part of our university.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university (at least a 3.5 year programme or equivalent to 210 ECTS)
- Final grade of at least "Satisfactory" (Minimum grade point average equivalent of 3.0 according to the German grading system)
- At least 2 years of full-time professional and relevant experience after your Bachelor´s graduation (internships do not qualify)
- Proof of English proficiency: Academic IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL IBT 80 points / PTE 56 points (overall) / Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency
Just send us your application and our Admission team will guide you on your options.
What are my prospects?
With an MBA you bring leadership competence and comprehensive knowledge from all relevant management disciplines to the table - and thus open up your career to a wide range of opportunities. After graduation, for example, you can work as a ...
Your career? International
- Business Development Manager
- Senior Brand Manager
Whether it is at a global medium-sized company or at a multinational corporation abroad – the IU prepares you well for the global job market. The numbers speak for themselves: 3 out of 4 of our graduates work in an international environment, and every third person works abroad.
Valuable contacts and a top-class network
As well as talent and hard work, a good education and a certain knowledge of your sector, there is another important factor in starting your career successfully – good contacts and a good network:
- department heads and lecturers have numerous contacts in industry
- at the annual "Career Day" recruiting fair, you can make valuable contacts on the campus to improve your career prospects
- you will often be able to find internships and entry-level positions during your studies thanks to the IU network