MBA IT Management
- Degree: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Study model: on Campus, Smart Entry, Online
- Campus: Bad Honnef, Berlin
- Programme duration: 3 semesters
- Credits: 90 ECTS
- Admission: Bachelor’s degree, professional experience, proof of English language skills
Career springboard MBA
Information technology is constantly evolving, and companies are always faced with new tasks and challenges. Business intelligence, social media, cloud computing or IT security are just a few of the themes here.
Have you already gained some professional experience after completing your first degree and now you want to expand your IT knowledge and general management skills to reach the next level in your career?
Then our MBA with a major in IT Management is the right choice for you. As an IT manager, you ensure that your company's data, information and knowledge are used optimally in order to achieve and develop strategic goals. As an interface between business management and information technology, you are responsible for managing interdisciplinary projects with partner companies, associations or state organisations.
What you will learn from us
The MBA gives you expert and general management know-how and will help you develop your individual methodical skills:
- You will deepen your knowledge in the areas of business management and leadership through academic and practice-oriented modules.
- You will actively work on your soft skills such as communication skills and intercultural awareness.
- You gain insights into IT governance and information security concepts.
- You learn about the art of deriving IT strategies from existing business processes.
- You examine how key IT services are implemented across different people, departments, processes, and technologies.
- You develop methods for the conceptual design of high-quality software.
- And you receive training in management of projects according to international standards.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- International Marketing
- Performance Measurement and Management
- Corporate Finance
- Managerial Economics
Electives (choose 4 out of 5)
- IT Project Management
- IT Service Management
- IT Governance and Compliance
- IT Architecture Management
- Software Engineering - Basics and Principles
- Strategic Management
- Change Management
- Managing in a Global Economy (optional in semester 2)
- Capstone Project
Studying at the IUBH supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to become part of our university.
Aptitude Test TASC
- Bachelor´s degree (180 ECTS)
- At least 2 years full-time professional experience (internships do not qualify)
- English, academic IELTS 6.0/ TOEFL IBT 80 points/ PTE 56 points (51 points in each component)
The TASC examination is used to determine if you have the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully pursue the IUBH degree programme to which you are applying. Preparatory study materials are available on our CLIX learning platform to all candidates who will be taking the test. The materials include further literature references and detailed instructions that make it possible to work, for the most part, independently in preparation for taking the test.
What are my prospects
As an IT manager, you are among the most sought after professionals in industry, the public sector and government organisations. After graduation, for example, you can work as a ...
- IT Project Manager
- Scrum Master
- HR Specialist Tech Recruiting
Valuable contacts and a top-class network
As well as talent and hard work, a good education and a certain knowledge of your sector, there is another important factor in starting your career successfully – good contacts and a good network:
- department heads and lecturers have numerous contacts in industry
- at the annual "Career Day" recruiting fair, you can make valuable contacts on the campus to improve your career prospects
- you will often be able to find internships and entry-level positions during your studies thanks to the IUBH network